It's the Law
All dogs in Clark County are required by law to be licensed. Read Ohio Revised Code, Ch 955
Why licensing your dog is important:
- Buying a license can save your dogs life
- When local residents find lost dogs they can call the Clark County Dog Shelter or the Auditors office to locate the owner. A licensed dog has owner contact information available and can provide this information to the dog finder. In this case your dog never visits the local shelter.
- If your dog arrives at a shelter with a license you are contacted immediately. Thousands of dogs are reunited in this way each year.
- If an animal control officer finds a roaming dog with a license the officer will call the shelter to get owner information and in some cases can directly return your pet.
- Your dog license shows you care for your pet and lets potential finders know your dog has all required vaccinations.
- Your license fee helps to support the Clark County Dog Shelter.